Our colleagues in the School Transport Department of West Lothian Council have issued exam transport information for the following exam dates:
- Friday 19th May - click here to view/download this dates information
- Monday 22nd May - click here to view/download this dates information
- Friday 26th May - click here to view/download this dates information
- Friday 2nd June - click here to view/download this dates information
Where applicable, exam transport will collect students from outside their home. Taxi's taking students home may drop groups of students at the end of their street.
Should you have any queries regarding exam transport, please contact the school office on 01506 656404.
Our S4 Option Choice Booklet is available to view/download by clicking here
In addition to the After School and Easter Study programme St Kentigern’s also offers a full Intensive Study Programme in the run up to the SQA exams. To download the programme, in PDF file format, please click here.
We have issued, to all students in S4, letters regarding S4 Study Leave Arrangements. The letter gives information on the following:
- S4 Student entitlement to study days and how students should now request these days
- Additional Study class opportunities during the Easter holidays and May for students sitting exams
- Information on when the school will start our new timetable for session 2017-2018
Please click here to view and download the letter.
We have issued, to all students in S5/6, letters regarding Study Leave Arrangements. The letter gives information on the following:
- S5 and S6 students will commence study leave on Tuesday 2nd May. This is the first day of the SQA exams. A full timetable of SQA exams can be found online: http://www.sqa.org.uk/files_ccc/Exam_Timetable_2017.pdf
- There will be an Easter Holiday Study Support programme covering 13 subject areas. Although all students are welcome to attend, there may be specific invitations given to students who we feel would benefit from coming to these sessions. Details of subjects and times can be found attached to this letter. Students should speak with subject teacher or PTC if they wish to attend.
- A full programme of examination study classes occurring in May is attached to this letter, and will be published on our ‘new’ website soon after the Easter holidays. It is expected that many students taking study days in the lead up to SQA exams will attend these study classes for each subject they are being presented in. If students are coming in for a study class during one of their study leave they should sign in at the school office. Remember that, as always, teaching staff are available throughout the exam period for support as required. This is over and above the additional timetabled study classes with many students making informal arrangements to meet with staff.
To view and download the letter, please click here.
Students looking for PC access during the school holiday period should consider accessing 'digital hubs' in the following West Lothian Council establishments:
- Armadale CEC/Library
- Bathgate Partnership Centre
- Blackburn connected
- Boghall Primary school/community wing
- Fauldhouse Partnership centre
- Linlithgow library
- West Calder Library
- Whitburn CEC
Other community centres have public access PCs available as do other libraries. These libraries have free public access WiFi:
- Simpson Library, Bathgate
- Blackburn Connected
- Carmondean Connected
Contact details & more info on WiFi/PC access at libraries can be found at: https://www.westlothian.gov.uk/article/1974/Computers-and-WiFi
School students would need to register/sign up with the ‘My PC booking system https://pcbooking.westlothian.gov.uk/cire/SignIn.aspx to book PCs in Community Centres, Libraries and partnership centres.